Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chapter 5

I did the only thing I could. I threw myself into training. I made myself deadly with a bow, more so than any man could say. I could track anyone through any conditions on any day or night. I started using the sword more because I wanted to see my opponents eyes. I kept at it until I even left a cut on Jacks himself, he started giving a killing intent when we had bouts. My training showed. You could see it in my hands and Jacks even said my eyes too. I would walk into the guild for a small job and people would go quiet. I always wore my cloak, I realized it was reversible from the deep red to a mottled green, black, and grey. I was told it was for camouflage, not that I needed it. With my hood up I didn't have to see anyone.
It was like any other day when I walked into the Witch's Broom and someone came up from behind me. I could hear the footsteps. "Yes?"
"I'm sorry?" It was then I heard it was the captain, I quickly turned around and lowered my hood.
"I meant yes sir."
"Good, that sounds right. I wanted to tell you that we have made some progress with Lilith. But she and the demon won't say anything more without talking to you."
"Even Andras?" The captain looked puzzled. "The demon."
"Oh! Yes, that is its name. Yes even the demon." I nodded and left the board where jobs were kept and walked upstairs to the room the two were staying in.
When I made it to the room I knocked and heard the small little voice tell me to come in. It was dark, all the windows were covered with cloth and there was but a single candle, giving the room an eerie look and feel. I started to cough from the smoke in the room.
"Sorry but I like the dark." Lilith said.
"It'd okay. I was told you wanted to talk to me."
"No I just wanted to see you, my friend wants to talk though, right Andy?"
"I told you not to call me that stupid child!" Finally Andras' voice came through and two eyes appeared from the dark and he stepped forward in his small body. "I wish to make a deal with you human."
"And why is that?"
Andras stepped closer and into the light, I could see the twisted grin he was putting on Lilith's face and I did not know how to react but I stayed silent. "Because as a demon I have certain knowledge of things to pass. You will see battles beyond your imagining, blood will make the roads red, and you sir will be unstoppable to and a legend. I just wish to help make that happen."
"Why?"
"Do you know what I do best, Jasper?" I shook my head slowly. "I destroy men, from the inside out, or anyway I like. I know that I won't be the cause of your destruction, but I would, however since I can't destroy you, then why not destroy men with. . .you."
"And in return?"
"Helping you become a name in history isn't enough? Well how about the names of demons in this world, what they are capable of and how to kill them?"
"You would give up your kinsmen."
"Please, they are all lesser beings then me and hardly worth the same sentence."
I knew there was something he was not telling me but what could I do really. If I did not take his offer, that alone would seem bad. "Let me ask my captain."
"Of course, you have one hour." I nodded and went downstairs to investigate.
When I was finished telling the captain I still had some time left until Andras wanted an answer.
"And do you think he is lying?"
"I think he's planning something, what it is I don't know but I don't see the harm in keeping them both close, watching him and getting rid of some much needed evil." He nodded his agreement.
"Take the deal, but they travel with you only, and only after the list is made, and if anymore come up then he is to report it back to us." I nodded and headed back upstairs to tell the two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment